Online mindfulness course
Next to that, a stronger mindfulness wil help you finding a workable distance between yourself and difficult feelings/negative thoughts. So the feelings/thoughts will impact you less. This gives more calmness and peace of mind.
Benefits of more mindfulness include enjoying the present moment better, better self-care, saving yourself extra stress, time and frustration by not trying to change things you can’t change, a better focus, less anxiety, connecting deeper to people around you, responding more adequately to present challenges.
The course is taught by me, Francisco Beisterveld. I’m a certified mindfulness trainer and therapist. I work also as a POH-GGZ for the student GP’s office de Uithof/Janskerkhof in Utrecht. This course is organised in collaboration with this GP office. More information about me you can find here.
There are 7 live online group sessions (through Zoom). During the sessions we do meditations and other awareness exercises. Some exercises we do together, some exercises you do in pairs. We use Zoom. In between the sessions there are daily home exercises which take 10-30 minutes a day. Some of these you do together with a course buddy.
The course is a combination of the well-known MBSR and MBCT protocols, developed by David Dewulf. Based on my own experience as mindfulness trainer and therapist, I’ve added specific emotion awareness & body focused exercises.
14 July (in English) – Online course
Dates: 14, 21, 28 July, 4, 11, 18, 25 August (follow-up session: to be agreed)
Early bird reduction until July 1st
For whom is this course?
This course can be done by anyone. It can be especially valuable:
- if you often feel that you’re stuck in negative thoughts/if you ruminate a lot
- if you suffer from anxiety and/or panic attacks
- if you experience a lot of stress
- if you notice difficulties with focusing
- if you want to enjoy things more
- if you feel often sad/depressed
- if you have sleeping problems
- Language: English
- Price: 110 euro own contribution (students pay 65 euro). The rest (160 euro) is paid by your insurance company. If you have a Dutch health insurance, then this is always covered by your “basispakket” and won’t be taken from your deductible. This is because I work under supervision of a GP’s office. So the costs are billed like regular GP visits.
- Location: online through zoom
- Number of sessions: 7 + 1 optional follow-up session
- Dates & Time: 17.00-18.30
I never experienced this type of learning about personal development. It was a great experience.
– Sabine van der Horst (34)
Francisco’s way of explaining, giving feedback and interacting is very clear & pleasant.
– Behzad Sanati (35)
Structure of the course
- Session 1: Automatic pilot
- Session 2: Being in our head
- Session 3: Bringing our mind to one point
- Session 4: Recognising adversity
- Session 5: Allowing
- Session 6: Thoughts are not facts
- Session 7: Optimal self-care
What we will do
During the sessions there will be some theory, we will practice new meditations and there’s the opportunity to reflect on your experiences with the home exercises.
In between the sessions, there are daily home exercises. You need at least 15 minutes a day for those.