Mindfulness course – Uithof Utrecht
Mindfulness is an incredible tool to reduce stress and suffering and at the same time find more joy and focus.
Mindfulness helps you seeing the present moment with clarity. This enables you to consciously choose your next action. So you train yourself in responding to situations rather than reacting.
Benefits of more mindfulness include enjoying the present moment better, better self-care, saving yourself extra stress, time and frustration by not trying to change things you can’t change, having more focus, connecting deeper to people around you, responding more adequately to present challenges.
This 8-week MBCT mindfulness course is proven to be effective in growing your mindfulness. There are 8 weekly sessions and there’s 1 follow-up one month after the course. In between the sessions there are home exercises like meditations and journalling.
For whom is this course?
This course can be done by anyone (except for people who suffer from psychosis). This course can be especially valuable:
- if you often feel that you’re stuck in negative thoughts/if you ruminate a lot
- if you suffer from anxiety and/or panic attacks
- if you experience a lot of stress
- if you notice difficulties with focusing
- if you want to enjoy things more
- if you feel often sad/depressed
- if you have sleeping problems
- Language: English
- Price: 100 euro own contribution (the rest is paid by your insurance company) – early bird reduction: pay only 80 euro if you register before November 20th
- Location: Leuvenplein 14, Utrecht
- Number of sessions: 8 + 1 optional follow-up session
- Dates: 3, 10, 17 December, 7, 14, 21, 28 January, 4 February (follow-up session: 3 March)
- Time: 16.00-17.30
I never experienced this type of learning about personal development. It was a great experience.
– Sabine van der Horst (34)
Francisco’s way of explaining, giving feedback and interacting is very clear & pleasant.
– Behzad Sanati (35)
Structure of the course
- session 1: automatic pilot
- session 2: being in our head
- session 3: bringing our mind to one point
- session 4: recognising adversity
- session 5: allowing
- session 6: thoughts are not facts
- session 7: optimal self-care
- session 8: retaining what was learned in this course & extending it in future
What we will do
During the sessions there will be some theory, we will practice new meditations and there’s the opportunity to reflect on your experiences with the home exercises.
In between the sessions, there are daily home exercises. You need at least 15 minutes a day for those.