Mindfulness course in English – Amsterdam
Mindfulness is an incredible tool to reduce stress and suffering and at the same time find more joy and focus.
Mindfulness helps you seeing the present moment with clarity. This enables you to consciously choose your next action. So you train yourself in responding to situations rather than reacting.
Benefits of more mindfulness include enjoying the present moment better, better self-care, saving yourself extra stress, time and frustration by not trying to change things you can’t change, having more focus, connecting deeper to people around you, responding more adequately to present challenges.
This 8-week MBCT mindfulness course is proven to be effective in growing your mindfulness. For 8 consecutive weeks you meet with a small group of people (max 8). In between the sessions there are home exercises like meditations and journalling.
I (Francisco) am a certified mindfulness trainer (VVM certified) and client centered psychologist. I have given this training already many times. What makes my training different from comparable mindfulness trainings is not so much the content (it’s a standardised protocol), but rather how I teach it. Interaction, practical applicability of exercises and true non-judgement are the keywords. These stimulate openness, safety and motivation.
For whom is this course?
This course can be done by anyone (except for people who suffer from psychosis). This course can be especially valuable:
- if you often feel that you’re stuck in negative thoughts/if you ruminate a lot
- if you suffer from anxiety and/or panic attacks
- if you experience stress a lot
- if you notice difficulties with focusing
- if you want to enjoy things more
- if you feel often sad/depressed
- if you have sleeping problems
- Language: English
- Price: 290 euro (250 euro if your gross household income is below 2500 euro)
- If your company pays then the price is 420 euro excluding VAT
- early bird reduction: save 20 euro if you sign up before October 20th
- Location: Granaatstraat 38, Amsterdam
- Number of sessions: 8
- Dates: 6, 13, 20, 27 November, 4, 11, 18 December, 8 January
- Time of the sessions: 19.30-21.00
What we will do
During the sessions there will be some theory, we will practice new meditations and there’s the opportunity to reflect on your experiences with the home exercises.
In between the sessions, there are daily home exercises. You need at least 15 minutes a day for those.
I never experienced this type of learning about personal development. It was a great experience.
– Sabine van der Horst (34)
Francisco’s way of explaining, giving feedback and interacting is very clear & pleasant.
– Behzad Sanati (35)