Hi, my name is Francisco (40). I’m a certified mindfulness trainer, psychologist and coach. Find below more about my background. You’re always welcome to contact me at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
This is me hiking in Spain last summer
- Mindfulness teacher training – Seetrue (2018)
- Mindfulness workshops (Inner resistance, Mindfulness for youth, Mindfulness & movement, Trish Bartley, Inquiry intensive)
- Burnout prevention ‘Mindful-2-work’ – Seetrue, Anne Formsma
- ADHD & High Sensitivity coach – ADHD Centrum Nederland (2018)
- Master clinical psychology – Leuven University (2017)
- Biodynamic Breathwork and Trauma Release – BBTR institute (2016)
- Master Psychological research methods – Groningen University (2005)
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga, introduction – Esther van der Sande (June 2019)
- Emotion Focused Therapy I – Apanta (October 2019)
What drives me
I strongly believe in the combination of methods:
- the combination of psychological methods and mindfulness. I use exercises and insights from classical mindfulness methods (like Jon Kabat-Zinn’s), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and client-centered therapy.
- the combination of more mentally focused exercises/methods and more body centered (like yoga or bio-energetic exercises)
- the combination of individual exercises and exercises which you do together with other people
I have a specific interest in working with unprivileged people. About 8 percent of the people who suffer from psychological problems receive psychological assistance. These 8 percent are mostly white, middle class and highly educated. This feels unfair to me. That’s why I started ‘Mindfulness voor Vluchtelingen’, a collective of mindfulness trainers. We help refugees and undocumented persons. It’s a challenge to adapt mindfulness to people who often have a non-western background and of whom the majority suffers from trauma.
What course/workshop participants say about me
- “He radiates calm energy! Will feel safe in his hands!”
- “A nice authentic teacher with much love (‘hart’) and experience”
- “Francisco’s way of explaining, feedback and interaction is very pleasant, clear and comforting.”
I’m certified by the Vereniging voor Mindfullness (VVM) & I have a LOGO-statement.